Difference between THCA and THC
Raw cannabis is a superfood; we agree! But, if you think that you will get high by just eating some raw, pickled high-THC cannabis, you are wrong. You won’t even feel a bit of a psychoactive effect. Why is it so?
Well, you will get to know everything about it! Keep reading ahead!
What are THCA and THC?
It is correct that THC is the compound that can make you high but not if you consume the cannabis directly. Cannabis does not produce THC as a direct product. But, it synthesizes all the cannabinoids in the acidic form. The cannabinoids produced by cannabis are:
- Cannabidiolic Acid (CBDA)
- Cannabigerolic Acid (CBGA)
- Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid (THCA)
Our primary focus in the article will be on THCA.
THCA expanded as Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid, which is synthesized from the CBGA known as the mother of all the cannabinoids. THCA is a precursor of the intoxicating THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) that makes you high.
Why does THCA not get you elevated?
Both THCA and THC have different chemical structures. The chemical structure of THCA is a three-dimensional one, and it is pretty large. The large structural size of the THCA molecule makes it tough to fit into the endocannabinoid system (ECS) and the CB1 receptors of our central nervous system. This mismatch of THCA results in no elevation even if you consume cannabis directly.
To get the required experience, you need to make the structure fit into the CB1 receptors of the body. For this, the Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid needs to be heated. The next segment will describe the decarboxylation process via which you can extract THC from THCA.
Related Articles: Best Desktop Vaporizer For Beginners Xvape Avant
How is THC obtained from THCA?
Well, enough waiting for those who need to get their mind the psychoactive effect. It is time to know how you can obtain THC from THCA.
The process of obtaining THC from THCA is simple. THCA just needs to be exposed to heat and air to help it lose the acidic carbonyl group. The loss of this element from THCA will help in the production of the intoxicating THC compound. The entire heating process via which THC is obtained is known as decarboxylation.
The process may seem simple, but it is necessary to note that the heat required for converting THCA to THC should be more than 105 degrees celsius.
How to consume THC?
As we are aware that THC is a result of heating THCA. It is pretty obvious that to get the desired effect; you need to heat. This can be done by:
- Smoking: This is one way of consuming THC. In this, you need to provide heat to the dry buds of THCA. This method is a bit inefficient but delivers a quick supply of THC to the individual. This method, as described as less efficient, will not convert the entire THCA to THC.
- Vaping: Vaporizing dried cannabis in the vaporizer is an efficient process. In this, you can increase the temperature of the vaporizer slowly from low to high and obtain the maximum amount of THC from THCA. Even better than this is a vape pen that comes with preloaded decarboxylated cannabis distillate. The further heating of the distillate increases the intensity of the THC that offers you an elevated experience. This method is not only efficient but is also health-friendly. As there is no smoke, your lungs will be staying healthy.
Although it is necessary for you to ensure that the vape pen is a reliable brand, this ensures safety.
Are there any benefits of THCA?
Now, THCA might not help you get high, but it serves as a raw material for you to obtain THC. Plus, being a direct output of cannabis, it acts as a superfood. Why? Here are some of the benefits of THCA that most of the researches and studies have discovered.
- Apart from being the provider of THC, THCA also possesses the power to treat body conditions like Parkinson’s, Alzheimer and multiple sclerosis. This makes it an effective neuroprotectant.
- The use of raw and unheated cannabis in your smoothies or juices makes it useful for treating inflammation and pain. Moreover, it is also useful in treating health conditions like arthritis and seizures.
- THCA, unlike many other compounds, can also help in controlling prostate cancer. It helps in slowing down the rapid multiplication of cancer cells in our body.
- For the patients having cachexia and anorexia nervosa, THCA can be bliss. It can help in stimulating the appetite of the individuals suffering from the described conditions.
In a nutshell, we can say that consuming raw cannabis will not do any good. You need to convert the cannabis containing THCA into THC to get the intoxicating experience!
|XVAPE ARIA||XVAPE AVANT||XVAPE XMAX STARRY 3.0|